Wembley Stadium is the biggest stadium in the UK, hosting everything from international football teams to world renowned artists. With a capacity of 90,000, trying to find a good parking space near the stadium can be a nightmare. Use the tips below to help you get in and out of the stadium without a fuss:
Official stadium parking
Whether you’re heading to the Wembley Arena or the nearby sister venue OVO Arena, you can reserve an official parking space directly through the Wembley website. While this is perhaps most visitors’ obvious option when they consider driving, parking onsite can be costly with an average cost of £40 for cars and £5 for motorbikes.
Parking can be snapped up quickly, especially with big-ticket events, so if you’ve already got your ticket we advise planning how you’ll get to the stadium well in advance to not be caught out - we’d reckoned allowing for up to an additional 30 mins either side of the event to account for the queues coming in and out of the stadium.
Park on a neighbouring drive or reserve a nearby space ahead of time
There are over 200 private driveways and parking spaces within a 10 minute walk of Wembley Stadium that offer a convenient and often more affordable way to access the venue. Using platforms like JustPark, you can book a space in seconds via our app or website and secure a parking space that suits your needs. Parking away from the stadiums helps avoid the heavy traffic and long queue when arriving or leaving the stadium. These spaces are also cheaper on average, with some having hourly rates as low as £2, and if you need to stay a while longer for that extra encore you can extend your parking session through the app.
Cut down your driving time by taking the train
Wembley is very well connected to the London tube system and National Rail, allowing you to park away from the stadium and travel in with ease.
There are three stations serving Wembley:
- Wembley Park Station: You can travel to Wembley very quickly from most areas of London via the Metropolitan Line and Jubilee Line, this will allow you park further away from the stadium but still be able to reach it quickly.
- Wembley Stadium Station: Just one stop from London Marylebone on Chiltern Railways, the station is only a short ten minute walk away from the stadium. Use the lifts to reach the ground floor and simply head over the White Horse Bridge by foot. If you are a wheelchair user, you’ll need to call Chiltern Railways before travelling on 08456 005 165 to make sure a wheelchair ramp is on standby for you.
- Wembley Central Station: Connected to the TfL Bakerloo and London Overground line from Watford Junction to London Euston.
If you are travelling via London underground or London overground and need assistance, please contact 0343 222 1234 before your journey.
On-street parking is an option, but is often restricted
On event days, a special event zone is in place around Wembley Stadium - preventing anyone parking who isn’t a local resident or businesses with an event permit. If you’re unsure on what roads are affected by the event zone you can check this event map.
Be aware of pop-up parking and putting your vehicle at risk
Many of us would have seen handmade signs (even quite professional ones) advertising very cheap parking right by major stadiums. Wembley Stadium is no different. We advise that you avoid these “car parks” and instead find either an official parking space or book a private driveway through JustPark.
While you might be tempted by a cheap price, be aware that many of these spaces:
- Won’t be insured - so if something happens to your car and they’re at fault you won’t be protected;
- Could be illegally parking cars - you might be parking on private or public land where you aren't’ allowed to park, leaving you with a nasty fine;
- Are less secure - there won’t be CCTV or security personnel to look after your vehicle. The operators of the pop-up car park could even be part of a scam to steal your vehicle while you're at the event for several hours.
Whether you’re supporting your team, watching your favourite artist or checking out another event, Wembley Stadium is an unforgettable experience. We hope you have a great time.